Ncwane was known for hits such as Kulungile Baba, which won big at the SAMA awards.
1.Ncwane came from a poor background, having been raised by his aunt after his mother abandoned him when he was only two weeks old.
2. He received Christ at a young age, after his talent was discovered by a local church.
3. He started his own music company, Sfiso Ncwane Productions, which produced the platinum selling single, Phakama Nkosi yeZulu.
4. The Kulungile Baba hitmaker went on to became the first gospel singer to win the coveted Record of the Year award at the South African Music Awards in 2013.
5. The same record also won African Gospel Music Award and was nominated for Song of the Year at the Crown Awards.
6. The gospel sensation also released a Christian hip-hop song, called Hands Up, earlier this year, which was praised by fans.
7. Ncwane caused a stir last year after it emerged that he bought his pastor, Reverend Francis Anosike, a Mercedes Benz valued at R1,9 million, crediting Anosike for saving his life.
8. The gospel legend had a philanthropic side, having started the S’fiso Ncwane Bursary Foundation, which donated more than R10 000 to schools in rural areas.
9. Prior to his death, Ncwane battled serious health issues, including contracting malaria, having a heart attack and being struck by lightning.
10. He did not go to school because of poverty and was raised by a relative.
He is survived by his wife Ayanda and two kids, Ngcweti and Umawenzokuhle.